Tuesday, July 26, 2011

just need somebody to love

(Somebody to love)
I don’t need nothing else
I promise girl, I swear.
I just need somebody to love.

I need somebody I-I need somebody
I need somebody I-I need somebody.

some nights i just lie awake thinking about all of the
chances i missed to find love. to chase it down. search for it.
i'm just too afraid i think. i used to tell myself that its something
that i don't need. just a bit of extra drama i could do without.
yet, here i am, left regretting my decision to ignore my feelings.
to shut out what i feel inside. truth is, i don't think i trust it.

i'm just a stupid kid who can't live out of his own head. stuck
with they way things could of been and or could be. i have little
or no real power over my present moment and situation. yes, i
know that in reality i am the one who holds the key to my present.
nevertheless, i don't feel like it. i feel so weak and helpless. i make
promises to myself every day, to change. to become stronger.
to become more courageous. to stomp out my fear. if only i could
be reminded of these resolutions every second of every day.
i'm just such a wimp sometimes.

just looking at myself now, i can't help but wonder if things will ever
change. will i ever find somebody to love? and how will i know it?
i feel like just jumping on the next possible opportunity. but what if
that chance doesn't feel right? what if i know from the get go that she
isn't the one? how long will it take to find her? and once i do, how can
i be sure not to let her slip away? i tend to wait waay to long to act.
the feelings are there but my tongue and legs won't move. what if i'm
too late? will i end up just being alone forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment